Pathway to Transportation will enable ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) families to purchase safe, reliable and affordable private transportation.
- Participants must save $400 and participate in budget coaching and credit counseling in order to purchase a car through our new program.
- The program requires participants to save only a portion of the total cost of their vehicle while maintaining a direct sale between Second Chances Garage and participants.
- United Way of Frederick County will match each participant’s savings for the remainder of each car’s cost.
How do I apply for the program?
- Complete the Pre-Qualification Form.
- You will receive an invitation to complete a full application if qualified.
- Upon completion of your application, you will schedule an appointment with a United Way staff member to submit required documentation.
- You will receive instructions to open a savings account with Woodsboro Bank.
- Next, you will complete the program requirement by saving $400 and request a withdrawal form to use your savings towards the purchase of a car.
For more information, please contact Joyce Kwamena-Poh at Jkwamenapoh@uwfrederick.org.
Pathway to Transportation will be successful if there are sufficient donated cars available at Second Chances Garage. If you are able, please consider a car donation. To learn more about car donations to Second Chances Garage, please visit www.secondchancesgarage.org/car-donation/.