Through Community Impact Leadership Partners, United Way of Frederick County works with small family foundations, donor-advised funds and large annual contributors to target distributions that will create long-term positive change for ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) households in Frederick County.
United Way of Frederick County, with support from thousands of contributors each year, fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in Frederick County. Community Impact Leadership Partners are a small group of substantial annual contributors who value annual giving that delivers long-term outcomes, informed decision-making and well-practiced grant making systems. The Community Impact Leadership Partners program is ideal for contributors with annual charitable distributions of $20,000 or more.
Community Impact Leadership Partners aim to:
- Work with United Way of Frederick County to have maximum positive impact on ALICE households in the areas of health, education and financial stability. More information about our goals and objectives can be found here.
- Partner with United Way of Frederick County to meet their personal philanthropic goals.
- Dramatically simplify the philanthropic process by utilizing resources available at United Way of Frederick County.
- Use research, systems and experience at United Way of Frederick County to make informed, data-driving philanthropic decisions.
Community Impact Leadership Partners take advantage of United Way of Frederick County's role in the community as a nonprofit leader, funder and ALICE subject matter expert. They also recognize that the grantmaking systems, research and experience at United Way of Frederick County is an opportunity to efficiently make informed data-driven philanthropic decisions.
Each Community Impact Leadership Partner arrangement is unique and created specifically for each contributor. Opportunities can include, but are not limited to the following:
- Personalized Gift Packaging: No two donors are alike. Community Impact Leadership Partners recieve individualized care and gift options that meet their interests and needs.
- Research and Advice: While final gift decisions are made excusively by the donor, Community Impact Leadership Partners receive the benefit of United Way research and advice through an informed Community Impact grant review process. This benefit is ideal for the busy philanthropist who has limited time to research current trends and the ever-changing nonprofit environment in Frederick County.
- Reporting on Outcomes: Through its detailed and intensive granting and reporting process, we will deliver reports on outcomes acheived through the Leadership Partner's gifts.
- Time Savings: The donor writes one check to United Way of Frederick County and we execute the wishes of the donors -- sometimes to multiple Frederick County-based nonprofit organizations.
- Relationship Management: United Way of Frederick County can serve as the intermediary between grantees and the donor. This option is ideal for the busy philanthropist who has limited time to take inquiry calls from numerous nonprofit organizations. United Way will manage those inquiries for you!
- No Long Term Committment: We aim to earn your trust and deliver on that trust every single day.
The program is ideal for annual contributors who make personal gifts of $20,000 or more per year, individuals who have donor-advised funds with for-profit investment firms, and small family foundations. Qualified Community Impact Leadership Partner gifts with a minimum of $5,000 directed to mutually agreeable projects or without restriction to United Way of Frederick County are also considered a member of the Tocqueville Society.
The first step in exploring opportunities available Community Impact Leadership Partners is setting up a time to meet with United Way of Frederick County leadership. Please contact Veronica Henry at email@example.com or call 240-578-4014.