United Way of Frederick County fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in Frederick County. It meets its mission by deploying financial, volunteer and advocacy resources strategically in areas of greatest need.
United Way of Frederick County is grateful to it's many investors. Because of their support, United Way of Frederick County is able to:
- Provide THOUSANDS of Frederick County Public Schools students with the school supplies they need to be prepared for learning through Stuff the Bus.
- Help families save for and purchase a home or reliable transportation while receiving free financial education through The Prosperity Center.
- Save hard-earned money for HUNDREDS of low to moderate income Frederick County households through VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
- Recruit and deploy HUNDREDS of volunteers each year to serve local nonprofits who benefit ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) individuals through our annual Day of Action.
United Way of Frederick County strives to maximize every dollar that any investor, whether large or small, individual, foundation or business, entrusts with United Way. An unrestricted contribution or an investment in a health, education and financial stability program at United Way of Frederick County ensures that:
- 100% of your gift stays right here in the Frederick County community (unless designated outside of the community). Local dollars. Local decisions. Local results.
- A group of trained, local volunteers are tracking outcomes to make sure that contributions are getting results.
- Best practices are used to maintain the highest level of accountability and transparency.
Your support is the backbone of United Way and our ability to support the 39 percent of households who struggle to afford basic necessities in Frederick County. We appreciate your generosity and your commitment to