Prosperity Account Application & Net Worth Assessment
- For married couples: If applying together and one person is not employed, you may still apply for a Prosperity Account as long as one spouse receives consistent income. Please fill out the Prosperity Account application in the name of the person who receives income. This applies to married couples only.
- If applying single: You must have a consistent source of income.
- Please list accurate balances for your checking, savings, 401(k), stocks, bonds and other investments.
- Last year’s income should match the amount listed in your previous year’s tax return.
- If you are on government or public assistance, please list the type of assistance and the monthly amount you receive. If the type of assistance you receive is not on the application (such as WIC, Medicaid, daycare assistance or other), please write it on the second page of the application.
If you are receiving Social Security, please specify what type of SSI you are receiving and/or whom you are receiving it for (self, child, spouse, parent, etc…)
Would you like to apply for a Prosperity Account? First, take the pre-qualification survey.
What we will need from you:
- Prosperity Account Application
- Most recent tax return
- Proof of Income (Includes, but is not limited to: copies of paychecks or paystubs, written statements from employers, accounting records (if self-employed)
- Copy of social security cards, TCN, or green cards for all household members (household members are defined by those listed on tax return)
- Copy of driver’s license or state identification (driver’s license is required if you are saving for a vehicle)
- Loan/debt statements (mortgage, vehicle, education, business loan, credit cards, personal loans, medical, past due utility bills, department store layaways, payday loans, etc.) These are used to verify your net worth.
- TANF documentation (if you are eligible)
- Current household budget which includes savings goal
- Net Worth Assessment
- Current credit report (less than 12 months old)
Having these documents/items ready will avoid delays in the processing of your application. If you are unsure of any of the items listed above, please contact 301-663-4231 or email Joyce Kwamena-Poh at firstname.lastname@example.org.