What is the Unity Campaign?
Launched in 2014, the Unity Campaign was built on the success of two previous fundraising efforts – Frederick 48 and Frederick News-Post’s Season of Hope. When county funding for our local nonprofits were being eliminated, an effort was begun to “fill the gap” by raising funds from the Frederick Community. The Unity Campaign has a clear and vital mission to support local nonprofits who serve those in need of food, shelter, clothing, financial sustainability and healthcare as well as at-risk children and youth.
Starting in 2017, the Unity Campaign’s operations moved to United Way of Frederick County. United Way serves as the campaign’s fiscal agent and facilitator. The Frederick News-Post remains a strong partner of the campaign.
Want to be a Unity Campaign Nonprofit Partner?
Proceeds from the 2019 Unity Campaign of Frederick will go to organizations that work in the areas of health, education and financial stability for the benefit of households at or below the ALICE (Asset, Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) threshold. See our community Impact strategy map for more detailed information. Starting on February 25, nonprofit organizations can apply to be a participating partner in the 2019 Unity Campaign. The deadline to apply is March 11, 2019. All applying nonprofits will be notified of their application status by the week of April 8, 2019. Criteria and guidelines will be available shortly.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All interested nonprofits must attend a mandatory information session on Friday, February 22 from 12:00PM to 1:00PM at 629 N Market St.
2018 Unity Campaign Nonprofit Partners
- Advocates for Homeless Families
- American Red Cross, Western Maryland Chapter
- Asian American Center of Frederick
- Blessings in a Backpack
- Boys & Girls Club of Frederick County
- Building Veterans
- Care Net Pregnancy Center
- Central Maryland Youth for Christ
- Children of Incarcerated Parents
- Community Living, Inc.
- Federated Charities
- Frederick Children's Chorus
- Frederick Community Action Agency
- The Frederick Rescue Mission
- Girls on the Run of Mid & Western Maryland
- Habitat for Humanity of Frederick
- Interfaith Housing Alliance
- Literacy Council of Frederick County
- Marriage Resource Center
- Mental Health Association
- Monacacy Heath Partners
- New Hope Community Partnership, Inc.
- New Spire Arts
- Partners in Care
- Second Chances Garage, Inc.
- The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, St. John Conference
- Student Homelessness Initiative Partnership (SHIP) of Frederick County
- The ARC of Frederick County
- The Frederick Center, Inc.
- The Religious Coalition For Emergency Human Needs
- The Prosperity Center
- Woman to Woman Mentoring