The Tocqueville Society at United Way of Frederick County is an opportunity for passionate individuals to become more deeply involved in United Way’s mission. The Tocqueville Society recognizes local philanthropic leaders and volunteer champions who have devoted time, talent, and annual contributions of $10,000 or more to create long-lasting positive change.
- Change lives through philanthropic leadership focused on the building blocks for a better life: health, education and financial stability.
- Communicate the vital role of personal philanthropic action in creating long-lasting change.
- Expand high-level personal giving and United Way Major and Planned Giving programs.
- Strengthen United Way of Frederick County leadership by building a network of like-minded leaders across the county.
- Joining a national network of philanthropic leaders who are engaged locally to create long-lasting, positive change.
- The power to produce local solutions that meet existing and emerging needs. A Tocqueville Society-level commitment to United Way of Frederick County Community Impact Funds supports programs that produce measurable results that change and save lives. To qualify, at least $5,000 must be unrestricted to United Way of Frederick County, designated to mutually agreeable projects or committed to the United Way of Frederick County's Community Impact Funds.
- Partner with United Way of Frederick County and dedicated staff ensuring that giving, advocacy and volunteerism are effectively invested in Frederick County to maximize impact.
- Invitations to attend local, national and worldwide gatherings of Tocqueville Society members.
- Opportunity to designate annual contributions in excess of $5,000 to nonprofits of your choice. Some contributors designate their entire contribution to United Way's Community Impact Fund. Others use United Way of Frederick County to designate their contributions to nonprofit organizations of their choice. The convenience of writing one check, instead of many checks, is very attractive.
- Membres de la Société: $10,000 - $24,999
- Ordre de Liberté: $25,000 - $49,999
- Ordre d’Egalité: $50,000 - $74,999
- Ordre de Fraternité: $75,000 - $99,999
- La Société Nationale: $100,000 - $249,999
- Ordre d’Indépendance: $250,000 - $499,999
- Ordre de Connaissance: $500,000 - $749,999
- Ordre de Prospérité: $750,000 - $999,999
- La Table Ronde de Millions de Dollars: $1 million