Become a VITA Volunteer!
YOU can help hard working families in the community get back the tax credits they deserve, such as Earned Income Tax Credits (EITC), and help improve financial stability in the community by offering free tax preparation services! As a VITA volunteer you will also learn valuable skills.
Who: Adults with tax, accounting, finance or other professional experience.
When: February 2022 - April 18, 2022
Where: Bernard Brown Center (629 N Market St, Frederick, MD 21701)
- Free tax law training
- E-file software training
- Administrative support
- A great volunteer experience
No experience needed. We will train you!
What is Expected of You:
- Free, 35-hour IRS training, required in December.
- 1-2 volunteer staff meetings, approx. 1 hour each, in January.
- Tax preparation begins first week of February and runs through the end of tax season, at the Bernard Brown Center.
- Volunteers are encouraged to volunteer for at least 4 hours/week for 11 straight weeks.
- We will adhere to COVID precautions as indicated by the CDC if/when necessary (Masks and hand sanitizer will be provided).
Available Volunteer Positions
- Prepare tax returns with clients
- Tax preparation training (30 hours online & classroom)
- Site training (2 hours, very easy)
- Online, open-book test
- Review accuracy of returns
Commitment: 4 hours, once a week, for 11 weeks
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Veronica Henry at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through November.
This program is funded in part by a Community Partnership Grant from Frederick County Government.