Local Dollars, Local Solutions
We don’t make excuses when it comes to maintaining the health, wealth, and education of our neighbors. We take action. In 2016 alone, we invested more than $500,000 in initiatives that address critical gaps in education, financial stability, and health.
Here are some highlights of what we've achieved thanks to YOUR help:
- 516 households got their taxes done for free by IRS-certified Prosperity Center volunteers, saving them approximately $77,400 in tax preparation fees, bringing back $872,351 in refunds to the community, and committing more than 700 hours of volunteer services.
- Since 2011, we helped bring back $4.6 million in refunds to Frederick County from a total of 2,351 tax returns, saving our clients approximately $613,611 in tax preparation fees, and utilizing nearly 1,800 hours of volunteer service by 90 IRS-certified volunteers.
- For every $1 saved in a Prosperity Account, savers receive a $3 match to invest in education, buy a home, or start a small business. Since the program started in 2015, 15 savers saved $12,743.53 and completed 46 hours of financial education. So far, 3 savers have purchased a home, a car, and enrolled in college, respectively. (Data from June 2016)
- More than 100 teens completed over 3,600 volunteer hour through our Summer Serve program. Over the past 3 years, the program has provided over 10,000 service hours to the Frederick community.
- 124 volunteers provided 620 hours of volunteer service through 16 projects at local nonprofit agencies for our largest Day of Action so far.
- Thanks to generous private and coportate donors, we collected over 2,000 backpacks for kids in need through the first-ever Community Backpack Drive. In addition, 60 volunteers filled 5 school buses with over 33,000 items from 77 sites during the annual Stuff the Bus campaign. That's 10,000 items more than the previous year, and the 2017 drive is off to an even bigger start!
- More than 4,000 individuals saved $434,274 on prescriptions using FamilyWize savings cards.
Our goals are ambitious, but the remarkable progress we’ve made proves that anything is attainable when we unite. Don't ever doubt the impact you have made, are making, and will make. #LocalDollarsLocalSolutions
Thank you for changing lives with us here in Frederick.
Together, we'll keep making measurable impact and real change.
GIVING THROUGH OUR WEBSITE IS EASY AND SECURE