What is Emerging Leaders United?
Through personal development, educational, volunteer and networking opportunities, ELU provides young professionals (defined as 40 and under) resources to fight for the health, education and financial stability of every person in the Frederick County community.
What are the benefits of becoming a member?
Enjoy many meaningful benefits as an ELU member, including opportunities to:
- On-the-ground volunteerism that promotes long-term community change
- Personal development events, where many of our community's most prominent leaders share their secrets for success! This also includes exclusive access to trainings, continuing education classes and seminars!
- Opportunities for public recognition and ELU leadership positions
- Social opportunities and mixers with a diverse group of young professionals, igniting professional and philanthropic growth
Members receive free admission to the majority of our events, which include:
- Volunteer opportunities
- Leadership & Personal Development
- Social events to connect with like-minded young philanthropists.
- Members-only speaker series
What type of events do you hold?
ELU holds events that vary among volunteer opportunities, social events and panel discussions. For more information, keep up with our events on our facebook page here.
Do events cost anything?
The majority of ELU events are free to members and a nominal fee ($5–$30) for non-members. Volunteer events are always free to all participants.
Do I have to join ELU to participate in events?
No. The majority of events are open to the public (members and non-members). The main difference is the cost to attend. We want ELU to be available to any and all young professionals interested in participating.
How can I join?
It’s easy! Just make a $250 contribution to United Way of Frederick County over the course of a year. While we encourage people to make their donation through their United Way workplace campaign, you can also donate online. The online donation can be divided into weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual payments. You can officially join here or by asking your HR to make a pledge through the United Way workplace campaign and contribute each paycheck.
Is there an age requirement to participate or become an ELU member?
ELU is for people between the ages of 21 and 40.
Does my profession or career stage matter when getting involved with ELU?
Absolutely not! We pride ourselves on having a diverse group of members with all different professional backgrounds.
How many members do you have?
2019 is our charter year. Our goal is to grow to 100 members by the end of 2019!
Still have questions?
Contact Amanda Holk at Aholk@uwfrederick.org.